Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bye Bye Bassinett, Hello Crib

1 month and 4 months

I had declared that Sawyer would sleep in his bassinet next to our bed until he was in college. 
I can check on him whenever I want, hear his sweet little baby noises, feed him on the side of the bed and know he is safe and secure within my arm's reach. Well, I was firm in having him sleep in there until he turned 4 months old and I forced myself to read the warning on the side of the bassinet. It said that babies over 15 pounds, 3 months or who roll over (whatever comes first) should not sleep in it anymore. He's over 3 months and 15 pounds and he rolled over (next post)...

He needed to be moved to his crib. 
I couldn't keep him in the bassinet after knowing it was no longer safe for him...
Oh such a sad moment for me! And why was this so hard?? I have no idea.
 I had Finn taking all naps in his crib at 3 WEEKS and he was fully sleeping in it at 3 months because that is what "they" recommend. 

So the night after his 4 month Dr's appointment.... 

...was his last night in the bassinet.....
....I just needed one more night, ok... 
...where I was more emotionally prepared to have him down the hall:(

And the next night down the hall he went. Into his big boy crib. Swaddled like a little caterpillar.

The next morning he told me he was happy with his newfound room to roam in his crib.

He said he was starting to feel claustrophobic in his bassinet.

Oh Mr. Sawyer, you are getting too big too fast.