This past year has been a huge success and I owe it all to my parents for getting me to where I am today. With that said, I will hand over this keyboard to my Mom who shall finish this post and then give me the keyboard back so I can google how to sign 'please do not feed me anything other than freeze-dried apple chips' please.
Our Finny is 1 and our reason for doing this blog was to do a kind of photo scrapbook that kept up with Finn's firsts and the fun that being the parent's of our Finn is. We are going to print each year of this blog to have it in print in case the internet one day is no longer.
Finn is now 23.5 pounds and 30.25 inches long. He's in the 50-75th % for weight and 75th for height. His head circumference is in the 90th % which I think means he's pretty smart. He gained 14 pounds and 8 inches this year. Finn loves drinking his soy milk from his sippy and is currently on track to be completely weaned by my 29th birthday! The past couple months he's been an early bird but the past week he has woken up from 8-8:15 5 out of 7 days!! Finn is normally our alarm but Micah and I have woken up before him and it is odd to wake up to it being light out and silent in our house!
Finn eats lots of yummy concoctions that I make. For breakfast he mostly eats soy yogurt, oatmeal, cream of wheat, blueberry waffles, toast and/or fruit. Lunch is finger foods: 1/4-1/2 an avocado (he needs the good fats!), a veggie and/or fruit cut up, crackers and/or cheerios. Dinner is a mixture of sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, spinach, green beans, peas, carrots, chicken or turkey and rice or quinoa. His favorite snacks are freeze-dried fruit, bananas- even though they make his face break out and crackers of any kind. When Finn eats as of recent, he will cry until he has 2-3 spoons in his hands. If there is a cup in sight, he will need that too. And if anything looks like a ball in his sight, that will need to be in his possession too. Let's just say the counters are clean when eats!
Finn knows a lot of words now. He loves to say cat and his face lights up when he sees Sifl. He loves to bonk Sifl and forgets when he's holding toy hammers or golf balls and sometimes bonks Sifl with them, to which Sifl will either run or take it depending on his level of tiredness. Finn sits through Disc 2 of My Baby Can Read each day and now loves playing with a big basketball that he saw on the porch one day during dinner and had to have.
Finn got SO many toys for his birthday and Christmas. He loves to knock things over, dump things out, roll balls, walk with his walking toys, bang on things, climb on the fireplace bricks, rock on his horse, ride on his car, be pushed back and forth in laundry baskets, rock in his rocking chair and most definitely play in the kitchen cabinets. His favorite toys are a whisk, anything shaped like a ball and Sifl's tail.
He is so close to walking. At church today, he was excited to be around other kids and mindlessly took 2 steps in between a chair and a table. He didn't know I saw it but I did!