Monday, April 30, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt!

Oh what a super fun day! 
I got to take Finny and Sawyer to Finn's first REAL Easter egg hunt at the 
Indianapolis Motor Speedway!
I heard last year there were about 200 people for the hunt and this year... 
there were probably over 1,000!!
It was very crowded with LOTS of little kids everywhere!
Here was my little kid. 
Smiles with his basket! Totally ready for the eggs! 
Sawyer was having a great snooze! 
When they said it was go time to go for the eggs, this is the face I got from Finn:(
He dropped his basket, dropped his little face and stood motionless.... I almost cried from how ridiculously cute he was but also because I knew how he is not the biggest fan of chaos and large crowds of people--- especially when he saw everyone RUNNING towards the eggs. I got it. So we made our way over to the area marked off for those with special needs. There were 1 or 2 kids over there and I asked if we could join. Finn was much more comfortable with hunting for eggs (mostly) by himself:






We then made our way downtown to the City Market where there 
were "Easter animals" to see and to get some lunch!
The City Market is my new FAVORITE place to eat-- I love the crepe place (3 Days in Paris), the cookie place, the juicer place and my new fave Fermenti Artisan. 
Finn and part of a cookie:) 
That night we colored Easter eggs and Katie came over to join in the fun!
(Although I have no pictures of anyone but Finn coloring the eggs...) 


He had a great time and there were no limits to how many colors each egg could be put in.
He had fun moving them from color to color, with a spoon, 
with his hands, from great heights....
I love that he is old enough to do this super fun stuff!