
I am officially 3/4 of a year old! I feel so big! And speaking of big are the things I've learned in the past month!! As you have seen, I am now a member of the crawling club. I also joined theI Can Pull Up on Stuff Club, I Love Cords Club, Help Me I'm Standing and Can't Get Back Down Club, Just Kidding I Can Now Plop on My Bottom from Standing Club and the Why is My Mom Feeding Me Chunky Food Club and the Why on Earth is My Mom Trying to Feed Me Quinoa and Kale Clubs. I'm very busy with all of these memberships.
For about 3 weeks out of this month, I decided I was hungry/bored/possibly teething/sad/happy 1-6x times in the night. Thank goodness that is over and I'm finally back to getting my 7pm-7am Zzz's! I'm eating pretty much the same stuff I have been. Like I said above, I've tried kale and quinoa and chunkier potatoes and I am not a fan. I understand the health benefits of kale are stupendous and that quinoa has such good protein for a grain and would be wonderful for my little growing body but I am not about to be a good kale or quinoa eater (that was for you Mom). In fact, when I was fed that stuff I boycotted food for about 3 days to teach my parents a lesson. I do have a new favorite fruit- kiwi. Give me more food that tastes like that!
I wear my sports sleeper a lot but it is still too big in the legs. I've been told I will grow into it. I've been able to wear my Jack-hand-me-down Purdue jersey and that has been exciting. In my 8th month I went to my first Purdue football game, had my first church nursery experience (It took 2x to give me (and my parents) a yucky cold, saw my first parade (Huntington HS Homecoming), had my first sit in a highchair at a restaurant experience (McAllister's on my parent's 4th Wedding Anniversary, very romantic), took my first ride in a shopping car seat and crawled all over the place!
About crawling, I am very cautious and take my time. I find cords, tight squeezes, tile, hardwood floors and wherever Sifl is to be my favorite places. I pulled up for the first time on the green couch and there has been no looking back. Laundry baskets are exciting, the red chairs in the kitchen- super exciting, and the fireplace safety strip-- super duper exciting.
I'm about 23 pounds still and am not sure if I've gained any height! This week I have an appointment with an Allergist to figure out what exactly I am allergic to. I'm not totally looking forward to that but I am looking forward to all the Fall fun and photos ups that are soon upon us!