Thursday, July 29, 2010

6 Month Dr's Appointment

Post-shots with my sticker!

Hanging with Dad pre-shots

I had my 6 month check up at 6 3/4 months. I now weigh 21.5 pounds (90th %) and am 27.5 inches long (75th %). I am no longer in the 99%tile club. But really I'm okay with that because I was starting to get a complex. Not really, I have no idea what those numbers mean!!!

An update on my skin issues. This past month I made a visit to a Dermatologist family friend. She gave me some stuff to help me get better and we've been using it diligently. I have atopic dermatitis with is basically eczema but we're trying to figure out how to get my sweet baby skin back to being soft sweet baby skin! At my 6 month Dr's appointment, the Dr. said we could do an allergy blood test. So the next day I had blood drawn from my tiny little baby arm. I was very brave and smiled at the nurses before and after the drawing and only cried (just a little) during the drawing.

The test results have come back and they said I'm allergic to a whole bunch of stuff! My brother Sifl being one of them: wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, peanuts, cats and dogs. Doing some research, allergy blood tests are not the end-all-be-all so there may be some false positives in there and most likely I will grow out of all of these allergies (hopefully anyways because I know I will really like cake, cheese, cereal, peanut butter and omelettes... to name a few). For now, I am not eating any of those things and since my Mom is still BF'ing me, she's laying off of them too.

It has been officially 1 week today since my Mom and I have had those 5 categories of foods (have not taken Sifl out of the equation quite yet) and I am maybe better??? My skin is getting a little softer and is not quite so dry but my cheeks are still as red as can be and I still itch like I have 1,000 mosquito bites. Hopefully we will see improvement soon!