We began our California Adventure with an 8am flight to Sacramento on March 10th.
We got a cab from our house to the airport and made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare. The perks of traveling with kiddos is zooming through security!
Their car seats were able to fit on the plane seats and although it wasn't ideal to have their seats next to each other (I thought I was going to be able to sit in between them...), it was a pretty smooth first flight! Sawyer cried for the first 20 minutes but then both boys passed out for at least an hour. Sawyer wanted to be up and about after that so Micah and I entertained him while Finn watched a Pooh movie.
After switching planes in Salt Lake City, Micah got our rental car (after forgetting bags and thinking we had lost an iPhone) and we headed to Ikea to buy Sawyer a crib. We had packed up everything we needed for California into the Jeep and sent it out a couple days prior. Our apartment is furnished but I didn't want Sawyer to sleep in a rental crib and I didn't want to pack up Sawyer's nice crib from our house as it would've taken a lot of space in the Jeep and I didn't want it to get damaged! So we got the boys car seats settled into the rental car and headed to Ikea. The boys fell asleep on the way so I gladly ran in by myself to get a cheap (safe) crib and mattress. I managed to do so spending $100 and with two VERY tired and hungry boys (and parents) we headed to our new apartment.
Sawyer helping me put the crib together.
(Yes, I know this is very unsafe as the dresser can tip over with him in the bottom drawer- but after a quick picture and stuffing the drawer full of clothes- it is no longer an option:)
Realizing we were out of diapers and had no dinner to eat, Micah ran to the store while the boys and I put the crib together. An hour later (and still VERY tired and hungry) the crib was put together (albeit the wrong way. twice.) and we were enjoying some crazy good Chicago style pizza.
Temporary home sweet home!
Finally!






