Thursday, August 30, 2012

We Found a Park!

We drove from Huntington to Scranton on Sunday leaving H-town around 9:30am and getting to our temporary home- Marriott Towne Place Suites Scranton- around 10:30 
and after unloading the Jeep in bed by midnight!

Our hotel is right across from a large outdoor mall- not huge but it's got Starbuck's, Panera, an Aveda salon, GAP, DSW, Victoria's Secret, American Eagle, random non-chain restaurants, etc--- like you'd find in a normal mall. No Target nearby or Whole Foods or Trader Joe's 
so I'm still exploring food options. I have yet to see a grocery store that looks inviting:)

Monday was spent unpacking and getting our place organized and functional- Finn may have watched PBS for 2-3 hours while this took place...:) He has no complaints. Monday night we went to a seafood place across the street and had one of those dinner where we say to ourselves "this was a bad idea". Not because of the food but because our 2.5 year old and 5 month old were 
not quite in the mood for a sit down dinner nor was anybody else in the restaurant 
in the mood for our boys tiredness!

Tuesday the boys and I did a Wal-mart run and continued settling in and Micah took Finn to the pool after work. After 2 days of being pretty contained, Wednesday we went on the hunt for a playground. Our first attempt at going to the biggest park in Scranton was a total failure as I almost drove off a cliff, had a panic attack and vowed never to return. We then found another park 15 minutes away and had a blast exploring and finally getting to run around outside!
 Pretty creek
 I had Finn run the bases 3 or 4 times. Home run!
I love that Sawyer can "swing" now!
So does he!
Loving it! 
Running up the "mountain"
Spray park
We had the park to ourselves.

Wednesday night (still not having made a true grocery store run) we had Ruby Tuesday to go (They now have spaghetti squash as a side- what?! I was so excited.) and Micah and Finn went to Finn's first movie! There is a theatre we can walk to as well. I put them in matching orange shirts and then forgot to take a picture. They saw Ice Age (4?) and came home singing a silly song.

Sawyer went to bed at his bedtime, I uploaded the blog and watched the Republican Convention. 
A lot of excitement for a Wednesday, I know;)