Tuesday, April 19, 2011

15 Months

Too busy for a picture!
Crazy hair picture

I guess once I turned 1 I stopped posting monthly updates.
That will end now.

I'm late on posting a 15 month update and I will be 16 months in a week!
I have been learning so much it is incredible. I am so steady on my feet now- unless we are on our sloped driveway. I'm not into running yet but crawling is so a thing of the past! I figured out how to make my car go by using my feet- which was huge. I also figured out how to open one of the gates in my house.

I have hit a picky phase in my eating. I used to love sausage (not a fan of other meat) but now it totally grosses me out. I used to go crazy for white or sweet potatoes, carrots and peas. Now I spit them all out. My go-to foods are my (favorite) avocados, bananas (that no longer make my face break out), any other fruit, quinoa, barley, breads and crackers of all shapes and sizes (I love carbs) and to be quite honest, I am lacking in the vegetable department. My Mom used to puree veggies and mix them into mashed potatoes. Hmm, maybe that is why I now boycott mashed potatoes...

I started going to Kindermusik class on Fridays which at first was stimulation overload but that now I like a lot- as long as my Mom is 2 cm away from me at all times. The nursery at church- still not a complete fan. I love to play in there but the separation anxiety is rough. I do stop crying within 5-10 minutes now so there is progress! We've been to the Children's Museum several times and I love it so much that we bought a family membership. I'm greatly looking forward to my first trip to the zoo!

I'm still going to bed at 7pm and getting up at 7-7:30. A change is that now when I go to bed later than 7 (on occasion), I will sleep 12 hours regardless. I used to wake up at 7am regardless so I'm super happy about this! I still take 2 naps a day- 10:30-12 and 3:30-5. I sleep with my puppy and penguin and still sleepsack it up.

I am a sign language champion as of late. I can't remember my last update on this so my repertoire now includes: please, thank you (day-de), more (muh), all done, basketball (ba-ba), boat, swing, work (Daddy's at work), car (brrrroom), water (wa), milk (muh), kisses, guitar, bread (buh), cracker and cereal. I pick up words pretty fast as long as my parents are consistent in using them with me!

I am doing a great job of trying hard to speak a lot of new words. I'm still really into calling everything ba-ba or da-da (every male is da-da) but I do try to repeat words that my parents say. I say yesh rather than the boring old yes. I know a whole lot of animals now- cheetah (cheetah), dog (wh-wh), cat (ka), eagle (eeee), swan, frog, moose, elephant (brrrm), horse (brrr), goat (bah), sheep (bah), bird (bir), squirrel, bear, polar bear, panda, chicken (buh-buh), lion, rabbit, snake and wow, I have a good memory!

I notice a lot more going on around me now that I'm 15 months. If there is a basketball hoop within a mile radius, I will point it out and ba-ba until everyone around me is aware of it. I love to watch squirrels, birds, planes and the golfers in our backyard. I love to point out bugs and have no fear of trying to poke them with my baby finger. I love Daddy's guitar and all I want to do is play it or watch someone else play it. I love to play basketball with my suction cup basketball hoop- I say de-de-de-dooooo as I dunk it. I love reading books and pointing our what I know on the pages.

When my parents ask if I want to go for a walk, go for a ride in the stroller, swing or go outside I will bolt to either the front or back door in eager anticipation. I love to go outside because that is where basketball hoops and swings can be found.

I am 24 pounds and 30.75 inches. I've had 1 run-in with dairy that made me get hives and itchy all over and am still avoiding dairy, eggs and peanuts like the plague.

I think I could write a book about my life because I am so sweet and fun and precious and such a gift to my parents (it's what they tell me, ok?).