Saturday, January 16, 2010

Down with Pacifiers!


Maybe I'm not using the pacifier right but I am now anti-pacifier- for the time being.


Finn has had wonderful sleep-filled nights since his birth. Praise the Lord. He goes 2-4 hours at a time, is not fussy, eats good, bonds with Mom, waves to Dad as we go to and fro and has seriously done wonderful for his little baby self. Then, 4 nights ago I introduced him to the pacifier. He was wide awake after eating and I thought that the pacifier might make him fall asleep faster. It was a selfish motive really. So I gave him the pacifier and he has never been more excited. He was even more bright-eyed, wide-awake, going to town on the pacifier and did so for at least an hour when I decided hm, maybe I should take the pacifier away or he will never go to sleep. Bad idea. He was then inconsolable and would not go to sleep because he wanted the pacifier back. Somehow he got to sleep as the sun came up. The next day, Micah gave him the pacifier around dinner time, he fell asleep, magic! So because I hadn't learned my lesson yet, I gave it to him again around 2am when he was wide-eyed and he did fall asleep but when put in his bassinett, it would of course pop out and he would wake up frantic. So I had to take it away again, he's inconsolable again, I vow to not use pacifiers until he finds his hands. Since then, Finn has gone back to his finntastic sleep patterns:) The end.